could my girlfriend be pregnant?

She is 17 and so am I, We had protected sex around a week ago. During sex, the condom broke half way through but I did not *** or get close to orgasming. We had to stop because it was too painful.

She is late on her period by 6 days and we are worried that she is pregnant.

what are the chances that she is pregnant?

If you had sex around a week ago and she is late by 6 days it is very unlikely you are pregnant as she would have to be ovulating during this time. Ovulation occurs typically two weeks before the expected period date. There are many reasons someone could miss or have a late period (stress etc.). Although painful sex may be a sign of endometriosis, which also can be associated with abnormal or irregular menstration. If it was the first time ignore this comment.

For peace of mind you could try a pregnancy test (Best accuracy: 2 weeks post sex).

• Jill

If she is truly 6 days late then she wouldn't have been fertile when you had your accident BUT the reason why unprotected sex is never recommended is because ovulation can always occur before or after the expected time. So could she be pregnant? Yes. She should test for pregnancy.