Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceSociology · 1 month ago

Why do many people have no dreams or goals? And if they do, why don’t they pursue them?

It’s kinda sad how most people just watch tv reruns and Netflix and play video games their whole lives in their leisure time. They just work, tv, sleep repeat 

Sometimes it is easier to stay at home, talking about my personal experience, i don t get along with people well.

People often criticize u or I compare myself to other people...I notice how they re lives seem better. Richer, more beautiful and so on....so staying at home it is like a way to avoid social anxiety.

I dreamed of being the richest and most powerful man in existence.  Well, now that is done, where to go from here?  More dreams?  Or just sit back and enjoy the one I already am living?  Just work, tv, eat, sleep and dream some more.  Not bad when you get here.  Not bad at all.  Too bad it is just a dream.  Perhaps I will be lucky and never have to wake up.  

• rick

The 1% wants us to conform. They want us to accept. Whatever they tell us is "the truth". Mediocrity is the norm. Those that strive to excel are usually ridiculed, and called unkind names. Perfection is undesirable. Being a perfectionist, is bad. The 1% can keep us working for less, while raising prices, and we think it's OK. They give us a shiny car, a flat screen TV and a handheld device, and we think we are rich. We aren't rich. We are living in poverty. We will never make enough money to retire. We can't pay for a major medical problem.  We can't send our kids to college. Most of us can't even live in a safe, secure, neighborhood. The 1% told you that you are rich and you believe them. Why strive for more?

• Bobo

Most people simply live day to day without consideration for the future because it is the easiest way to get through life.  Only a select few have a vision for a better life and make the effort to achieve in life.  Call it laziness or indifference, but regardless of what you call it--it is simply a way to avoid the effort. 

• because we live in a fallen crumbling society and most people realize that going after their dreams is like chasing an elusive butterfly.

Having dream, goal or something to that effect dose not necessarily mean it is attainable.

People get bogged down in daily nonsense too much to plan and pursue such things. some people also tend to not have ability to set up sensible way to get there (such as myself) oh i can dream up magnificent things for myself or someone else, but merely having that dose not help overcome even first hurdle of getting there.

It is ability and opportunity grappling with overwhelming lack of time and proficiency in the field.