Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 6 months ago

Why is Trump randomly starting a trade war with Canada now?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

Trump is trying to protect American jobs in the Aluminum production industry. But I am sure that you are opposed to such a move. 

• 6 months ago

Remember near the end of "The Wizard of Oz", when Dorothy, the lion, the tinman and the scarecrow bring the witch's broom to the wizard, and Toto pulls the curtain back...

Renewing the tariff on Canadian AL is kinda like "Pay no attention to the man behind that curtain!"  Any distraction to keep people from looking at the COVID trainwreck and collapsed economy he has caused.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

This is what happens when you elect someone unqualified and inexperienced like Donald Trump. This is what happens when you vote with your emotions rather than your brain.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Why does it seem like people who post questions drawing conclusions never provide anything like proof to indicate they even know what they're talking about?   

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

"randomly"?   Don't you haver ANY economic understanding or knowledge? 

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

OMG! and with no Aunt Jemima we'll run out of maple syrup in 10 or 15 years! I'm terrified right now. 

@Bobbette- What's funny is you don't realize how unironically stupid your post is. The Wizard of Oz is about the gold standard. (google if you don't believe me) The gold standard is important because most economists believe a fiat currency weakens the dollar. Trump's economic policies (including tariffs) have been centered on increasing the value of the dollar. 

To dumb this down about 40 notches so you can understand it: Trump is Dorothy and the man (people) behind the curtain are the democrats. 

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

🥴 He sucked out all our funds. Needing reinforcements.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Canada is handling COVID-19 much better than the US. Someone told the Donald. The Donald now hates Canada...

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Canada is working with another country to develop vaccine. It’s spite.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.