Am I better off dead?

If I die, maybe I will finally be noticed and cared about and taken seriously. Maybe not. 

The only reason I'm still alive is because my son needs his mom. Now I'm not too sure he even needs me because I'm incapable for providing for him. I'm just a burnout who is unemployed and living at my mom's and my baby daddy is incarcerated. Even if I did manage to straighten up my life, I couldn't find a decent guy to be with to be a good father for my son because no good guy wants to marry into a family as ****** up as mine. 

I have no friends. My mom is an attention seeking narcissist, everything was and is always about her. My older brother comes around when it's convenient for him and when I can't do something he wants me to do, he gives me death threats and threats to call child services on me. My pregnant sister won't allow me to be in her or my future nephew's life because I tried to give her advice and she thought I was telling her what to do. My dad left when I was 5 bc my parents got divorced. My whole family is either absent from my life because I don't matter. Or they are willing to drop me over something petty because I don't matter. They don't care about me or what happens to me. Honestly, I don't even give a **** about myself anymore. Now that I am aware I will never be able to give my son the future he deserves, I realize he's be better off without me, I have no reason to live. I really don't want advice, just to vent. 

i dont think so, get some help

• G R

So what is your question?  It sounds to me that you are a lot like your mom based on what you wrote

I'd rather take the first option before talking to another person, such as a therapist, who only pretends to gaf about me. Thank you for the honesty.

You very well might be better off dead.  Before you kill yourself, place your child into foster care.  Ensure that he is cared for and protected.  After you die the Court will place him with a family which hopefully will love and care for him and provide with the means to have a good and productive life.

Your son deserves better than he is receiving, and if you being dead is the only way to provide that, well, that's how it happens.

About 9 years ago my best friend hanged herself.  She had filled out adoption papers the week earlier, and her Petition was pending.  Her two children were adopted together.  They have good, healthy lives without all of her drama (and I loved her but she dramatic)!

Or you could just try to get into mental health counseling.