Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareDesktops · 2 months ago

How in godsake is console better than PC?

I happen to hav a 3000 dollar Gtx ti 1080 Gsync pc on 4K tv... oh yeah steam big picture mode.

Update:

Consoles are also automated, no system restore, no glitches in steam ( depending on your hd) consoles can just plug and play

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

You probably paid $3k for that setup back in 2017 or early-mid 2018. The RTX 2080ti is now the top of the line Graphics card and it will soon be replaced by the next Generation RTX card.

The current consoles on the market can't compare to a setup with a Core i5 and a GTX 1080ti. However the upcoming consoles that will be released later this year might be able to match a setup with a GTX 1080ti and a Core i7.

The new consoles will use a CPU that's a downclocked version of the Ryzen 7 3700x that has 8-cores with SMT. So the CPU portion of the new consoles will be significantly improved. The GPU part is supposed to use 2nd Generation RDNA graphics that has Ray Tracing. The GPU part is rumored to be as good as a GTX 1080 and some rumors say it can match a 1080ti in performance. 

Console makers are also including a SSD that's supposed to use more PCI-Express 4.0 lanes than a standard NVMe drive, so it will be capable of higher speeds. However, since the difference between a SATA SSD and a good NVMe drive is minimal with Game loading times, it remains to be seen if this will help out loading times with future games. This won't improve Framerates or anything aside from loading.

None of this will mean much for the consoles and they will still end up being inferior. By the time the new consoles come out, AMD will have moved or preparing to launch Zen 3 which will feature processors like the Ryzen 7 4700x and Ryzen 9 4950x. Nvidia plans to release Ampere next month with a top of the line card might be called the RTX 3080ti. The rumored RTX 3080ti will most likely be over twice as fast as the GTX 1080ti. Then Samsung plans to release the 980 NVMe series which will use PCI-E 4.0 lanes and it will likely be faster than the current PCI-E 4.0 NVMe drives that are on the market.  

• Olive
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

To me personally I feel in better control with console controller 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.