?
? asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 5 months ago

Survey: What song reminds you of an incident in your life?

Right after I graduated from high school in Germany, I started seeing this girl who had just broken up with her boyfriend, whom she had dated for two years. She was just looking for someone to date because he had found someone else, so she invited me to the movies. It was in the movie theater that we kissed and started dating. As the weeks went by, we got closer and closer, but what I didn't know was the closer we got, the more she thought of her old boyfriend. I fell in teenage love with her, but she still loved her old boyfriend. 

The incident was us nearly going all the way, but she couldn't because she was still hung up on her old boyfriend. We broke up that night, on friendly terms, but I was still hurt. 

Right around the same time, the Glenn Fry album No Fun Aloud came out, and a song from that album was essentially what had happened to me and this girl. The song was The One You Love. 

Here's the chorus from the song--how appropriate.

"Are you gonna stay with the one who loves you?

Or are you going back to the one you love?

Someone's gonna cry when they know they lost you

Someone's gonna thank the stars above"

Teenage love sucks. Now, whenever I hear that song, it reminds of that night when I couldn't complete the mission. 

Battle Cry by Angel Haze

• ?

Sing if you're glad to be gay.

Hot and cold by Kelly clarkson

• ?

Scar Tissue by the Red Hot Chile Peppers. The whole "Californication" album, actually. I can't stand to listen to it. Gives me PTSD.