Is it wrong to ask someone if their depressed if the signs are there?

Is it wrong to ask someone if their depressed based on their recent actions and comments?

This girl that was madly in love with me, did a complete 180, and now won't initiate any text or calls with me after 7 months of talking daily. 

The life changing event she had before she turned this way was catching COVID and passing it to her parents, which effected them all real bad.

While she's physically better now, she tells me mentally she's in a bad place and doesn't have energy for anything else but focusing on her parents.

I believe in her past she's battled depression, but no 100% sure.

Anyways I think she's battling depression right now and the reason I want to ask is because if it's depression I still want to be there for her.

But if it isn't depression and she doesn't care for me anymore, I don't want to waste my time.

I just don't know if it's too direct or insensitive to ask someone if their depressed.

IMO it's rude to ask.   It's really none of your business just like it's none of your business if she has a urinary tract infection or any other health condition.

It's fine to express concern for her and offer your support.