Should fearful and/or irrational people be in places of power?

Needless to say, the Coronavirus has brought with it heaps of fear and misinformation. Employers are limiting travel to other states(as if staying in state magically protects  you from the virus)  so employees are missing weddings, family, and other important events/people. Oh, and  the contradictory mask  requirements.... Just because these people that are in power over others are afraid themselves, they're making EVERYONE suffer with the.  It makes no sense to limit travel to a neighboring state to see UNINFECTED friends, and threaten loss of employment because YOU are scared and irrational. Furthermore, what happened to individual rights? We are seeing a voluntary acceptance of  a loss of freedoms. The bottom line is, irrational/illogical people shouldn't be able to rule over anyone!

5 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Probably not. But people who politicize a public health crisis shouldn't either, regardless of which of side of the aisle they sit on. 

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

No, we should vote out the GOPers.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Agreed. Trump needs to go.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Most sane healthy individuals are not acting out of fear. They're acting out of precaution. I don't care about getting sick myself, but I don't want to get other people sick. The job of our elected officials is to keep us all safe, and we are in a pandemic and national state of emergency. They are doing their job, some of them at least. You have certain rights so long as you are not infringing on anyone else's rights. Just like other viruses such as HlV, you have accountability when you recklessly spread it to other individuals.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

The question is, Do we trust your judgement or the judgement of scientists, doctors, and other experts. Another way of putting it is, Do we trust some selfish spoilt person who only believes in science when it suits him or do we trust people who made lives pursuing the well-being of others?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.