Bridal Shower Favor Ideas?

I’m in charge of favors at my friends bridal shower and I need some ideas. I budgeted about $1 per favor - what are some cute things I could do? I’m open to purchase or DIY. I know it’s not a ton of money but I’m contributing in other areas of the shower as well. I’m hoping to think of a favor people will like and not just some junky thing that will be forgotten about. Thanks!

• 1 week ago

Street Address Sign. 

Wedding First Wine Bottle Labels. 

Custom Coordinates Necklace.  

Champagne Wedding Vase.  

Push Pin World Map.  

Custom Mrs Apron.  

Beeropoly.  

Key Ring Holder.

Maybe, you will like some bridal boxes, I have some bridal subscription box

• Trish

You should get candy at that price.

• sarah

I picked out the favors for my bridal shower and did little bottles of shower gel (which might be over your budget, but I'm sure you could find some good deals) with a note attached saying, "Thanks for making my shower so wonderful! Hope this makes your next one great, too!"

We did candy - essentially fancy looking chocolate sixlet/pearl looking things (so not helpful lol) from a local chocolate store. Everyone loves edible favors - but even then, there were certainly some that people did not take home.

Get back together with the shower host and rethink. Why are there favors at all?  Just add your financial contribution to the food budget. As others have noted, NO ONE wants a favor with the name or date or the event or some "thing" that they need to find a place for in their home.  If it isn't food, it is a waste of your money.  Sorry.

With only $1/person, there isn't much you can do.  You can get little favor bags online or at stores like Hobby Lobby, Party City, or Michaels into which you could put some candy or homemade cookies or something.  These bags will take up half your budget. 

Here's an idea that won't even cost that much. Take a lot of photos of everyone at the shower then create a website where they can all be displayed and downloaded. Flickr might be good for that, but there are others. Then as a parting gift hand out cards that direct guests where to find photos of themselves with the bride (don't forget to include any passwords they might need). 

If it's not edible, don't bother. Just like wedding favours, no-one wants to keep anything. 

• Cammie

Make it some thing to eat.Cookies or candy.Wrap it in toule [ sp ? ] and tie with a ribbon .

• drip

$1 isn’t going to get you much. 

Many candy stores, like Sees or Fanny Mae, have individual boxes they will put one piece of a  fancy chocolate into.  You can put a nice organza ribbon in it.   Who doesn’t like chocolate? 

• Jerry

My thought is to use the money budgeted for favors to provide an additional door prize. 

For those not familiar with traditional showers, door prizes are like raffle prizes. You bring a festively wrapped gift for the bride2B or mom2B. In return you get ... 

... light refreshments like cake & punch or pretzels & beer.

... silly games with silly prizes.

... the fun of socializing with the other ladies, of spending a little time with bride2B or mom 2B before the big event.

... the pleasure of seeing someone you (presumably) care about get showered with gifts. 

... and, after the gifts are opened, at least one lucky guest wins a substantial prize like electronics, housewares, a nice dinner, a cooked beef roast or fancy cake to take home. Door prizes are awarded at random, raffle style. 

Traditionally, most shower spending was devoted to door prizes, not to lavishly entertaining the guests with complete meals, fancy venues, impressive decor, etc. In return for your gift you had a chance to win a portable TV-radio or dinner for 2 at Lakeside Steak House.