Is it rude to rearrange furniture when you live with your boyfriend?

I live with my boyfriend. I told him I want to rearrange furniture to what and where everything I want exactly. If he said, that's a great idea, would it be rude if I moved all the furniture he agreed on moving without him?

• Edwena

Tell him what you plan to do before you do it and get his approval.   The reason is that you may not be the best furniture locator, either.  So, tell him to let you move the furniture first, and see what he thinks and then both of you can move the furniture together.  Be aware that he may have some things placed for his purposes and does not want it moved.  So, don't insist on anything.   This is a situation where he can decide the easiest way is to move you-- out.

It ain't yours, so you do not touch.  You are his GF this month, maybe next month he has someone NEW.  That is what being a GF means, you are living there RENT FREE...AND probably getting the food free too...and not paying any bills.   So, kind of FOCK OFF.  When you are married to some poor stiff, then you can fock up his life, right now, you are temporary entertainment...with fringe benefits. He can get "that" anywhere.

It depends.

Did you ask him before, during  or after sexual intercourse? 

• drip

We don’t know anything about your relationship.

I would think it would be fine to do. You can always move it if you or he doesn’t like it.

Since you already discussed it and he was keen on the idea  I think, because it IS HIS house/lfurniture, you should follow up to let him know you will be implimenting the rearrangement of his furniture. That is just common courtesy.

He'd be relieved that he didn't have to do any manual labor. But do not be offended if he makes suggestions. Leave some room in your plans so he can feel like he made a contribution. 

If it is his place, leave the furniture alone.  You can clean up.

I don't think so. He said it was a great idea so I would think he would be happy with it. 

The long, winter nights must just fly by........

This is tricky.  some guys truly couldn't care less and would barely notice what you do.  some others would have a fit if you.move one item one inch.  personally I would only care where the tv and my chair are.  you could putz around with everything else.  since he said go ahead you probably can but go easy. Just move a couple things and see what he says