?
? asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdoption · 6 months ago

If I adopt a baby will they likely rebel as a teenager and hate me more than normal teens or do most adopted kids adjust just fine?

This being kids who are adopted as infants. I know older kid adoptions there could be behavioral issues from traumas but of adopted infants do most of them adjust just fine rather than having serious problems as teenagers? I know someone who had an adopted kid who had issues as a teenager but in that case an older sibling had committed suicide and there were other traumas like him being the one to find that older sibling as well plus the teen had bipolar which of course could happen to anyone.

• ?
  • ?

What do you think?  Nature over nurture?  And this isn’t rhetorical i really want you to think about it.  Example.  If a reformed convict returns to his old neighborhood would his will be strong enough to keep hik on the straight and narrow or will he relapse back to his old ways?  If you adopt a baby as opposed to a child does that make a big differnece?  A lot of kids really want a family, it’s the best thing for them and especially older kids can wrap thier heads around why

I think you can safely presume that a child adopted in infancy and raised well is no more likely to be rebellious than a biological child.

The way we raised ours, their rebellion was against certain aspects of society, not against the parents. It can be done.