How can I get an a job without an valid ID?

my Id expired in February of 2020 and since have been laid off from my job due to COVID-19. I was laid off in May and have ran out of funds. I did not qualify for unemployment because of my salary. You have to make an appointment for the DMV and the next one isn't till October at the earliest. I'm facing evviction as my apartment has put multiple notics on my door stating that I need to pay or get out which I font have any more funds for. All my money went to rent and now have ran dry. My cell phone has already been turned off by T-Mobile so getting a job just went from possible to impossible. I need some advice on what I can do before I end up on the streets. I'm going to have to give my dog and cat up for adoption. I already feed them before i feed myself?

have you even tried using the expired one as ID?  is there a reason employers can't use it?  are you willing to work like the undocumented immigrants do....landscaping and other day labor?

from what i remember, minimum income to qualify for unemployment in my areas is about 800/month...are you saying you were making less than that?

• Neil

So, your license expired before the DMV (or anything else) was shut down. And in the months since you were laid off, you just let things slide.

Now your back is against the wall. None of the options are attractive: Day labor, panhandling, friends, family...

But wait. "I did not qualify for unemployment because of my salary." Do you mean you hadn't made enough during the qualifying period?

To Anon...  you DO need a phone to find a job.  A potential employer needs a way to REACH YOU to set up interviews.

You can apply for one of the "obama" phones to get a free phone.  It wont be anything expensive or fancy..  ussually like 250 mins a month- which is enough for emergencies or to set up interviews.

My understanding is that the expiration date on IDs was extended due to covid tho?

It's amazing how many people think they need a phone to look for a job.  Start by checking your local newspaper for jobs and then apply for those jobs...in person.  Start with fast food restaurants.  As far as acceptable ID, check your state's laws.