What do I do if I have sexual attraction to somebody no I don’t want to have sexual attraction to?

Update:

Sorry that should’ve said who I don’t wanna have sexual attraction to. 

For example my birth mother I have sexual attraction to. I was adopted and I’ve never met my birth mother but I get the sexual fantasies of us being together. I have a fantasy of us cuddling and it becoming sex.

Update 2:

No idea what this woman is like except what was described when she gave birth to me at 16 and then she was described as a moody teenager with bipolar disorder. Yet I have a fantasy of her being all better now and wonderful. As a result I get sexual fantasies of that.

Update 3:

Any ideas how to break this?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

"I have sexual attraction to somebody no I don’t want to have sexual attraction to"

Funny how that works.

"Any ideas how to break this?"

It's called self control.

"my birth mother but I get the sexual fantasies of us being together. I have a fantasy of us cuddling and it becoming sex."

Big difference between thoughts and actions, again it all comes back to self control.

Give it time and effort, or seek therapy.

• 1 month ago

Basically,  you ignore it.  I should think most men are sexually attracted by half the women they meet on the street, but, very, very few do anything about it.  And, the ones who do are generally disliked.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Maybe you want a mother figure in a partner. You can role play that. Date older women. Take up a class. Volunteer somewhere. Break up your routines and get out and explore. 

• Imp
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

You should check out the story of Oedipus Rex!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Lili
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Just don't act on it and try to stay away from that person.

That's the best you can do.

Chances are that eventually, the attraction will wane. That often happens.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.