Does it make sense to get all trophies of a game?

I have noticed that very often I manage to spoil a lot of games if I think they have an almost impossible platinum or in other cases long to complete. It ruins my fun. Let me give you an example, Assassin's creed Origins has a very long platinum to have since you have to complete a lot of side missions (some cute but many other very repetitive) making the whole game a kind of task to complete rather than a game that has fun. What do you think? Argue below

If that's what floats your boat, go for it. 

Personally, I think trying to get all the trophies in a game just feels like work you're not being paid to do. You're only doing it to finish off some meaningless checklist. For instance... Who wants to spend 4 hours of killing the same enemy repeatedly, just to get the "rare" item-drop you need for that "all-items-collected" trophy?

I actually have trophy notifications turned off, and don't really check to see what I've gotten.

ONLY THE WINNERS SHOULD BE GETTING TROPHIES

Your call, I like to play games 100%.

I’m a casual gamer. I play games for fun and it’s not worth the stress to try to get some of the harder trophies.

There are some games where it’s not that much of a slog to go around and get all of the trophies. Spider-Man was one for me, I got the platinum really quick. But then I didn’t bother with all the dlc trophies because I didn’t care. Basically yeah you have to decide if you care or not, get exactly as much fun out of the game as you want, don’t force yourself to keep going if you don’t want to. 

there are very few games I strive to get trophies for...just whatever games are the most fun for me...like Red dead..or Lost Ember...or Horizon zero dawn