Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & EmploymentHealth Care · 2 months ago

Nurses at my work are really mean?

I’m a CNA, and the nurses at my work are very rude to me. One threw a paper at me last week, one yesterday accused me of not telling her when someone needed her which wasn’t right, the patient simply asked if they took meds in the morning and I said yes, when I walked out of the room I told her the patient asked that and she accused me of not telling her when the patient needed her. I dont get what I did wrong, I did tell her. These are just a few examples. I’m not sure how to handle this I feel like I’m being mistreated. Our supervisor doesn’t do anything when we report this. I’ve worked for the company for a year and this last month some of the nurses have gotten really nasty.

• :)

This is coming from a nurse. I work closely with techs and CNAs all the time.

Do NOT take that attitude form them. Nurses/healthcare in general has a really annoying elitist, hierarchy where the nurses treat the CNAs like crap; and the doctors treat the nurses like crap. It’s unacceptable, and everyone is worthy of respect. I would Confront them, talk to your unit manager, and then quit if this continues.

Talk to an attorney since management won't do anything. 

You can also politely tell these other nurses to not talk to you like that. 

Talk to someone higher about how those rude nurses are treating you & start defending yourself. You do NOT have to put up with that and there's no excuse for those nurses being rude to you. Also ignore some of the rude answers, they don't know what they're talking about and they're clearly bullies as well.

Better get used to being employed,  this is not your family or school or a social club. These are coworkers.  Learn to get along. 

• G

In the future all that you have smoked becomes unsmoked.

Sounds like you better crawl under the bed and get in a fetal position and cry. There is no other option Snowflake.

Quit, it is not like LPNs aka CNA are not needed everywhere.

OR go back to school to get a proper RN license.

Then you can piss on the Aides and Orderlies.

• Susie

People today are under a lot of stress.  If they continue acting illogically, tell them that you understand the stress they must be feeling and maybe find some small ways you and your co workers can relieve it without taking it out on others.