Daisy asked in PetsCats · 2 months ago

My cat's pregnant, what can I do to help?

I allow her to go outside, she was in heat about 2 weeks ago and a few days later I noticed an increased appetite and a slightly larger stomach, I brought her to the vet who said that she's around 3 days pregnant. I know cats are pregnant for about 2 months, what can I do to help her?

The vet just sent a due date for the kittens, October 10

• Susie

Get  her a box with blanket in a dark quiet space. One that she can get in and out of but the babies can’t crawl out.  One big enough she can turn around in easily.    Show it to her daily. When she goes into labor,  place water and food outside the box and leave her alone, or at least be quiet and only intervene if she’s in trouble.  Research online what to expect.  And please fix her afterwards.  

get a gravid spay done..  problem solved

Talk to your vet to arrange a gravid spay.

• *****

You can have her spayed now. 

• Newton

Give her more calcium by sprinkling calcium powder on her food. She will need the extra calcium for the fetuses and also when she is producing milk.