Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 6 months ago

Odd Thyroid Pain?

Hello! I have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis and we found a new growth (three nodules total) on my last ultrasound. For the past week I've had this really odd sensation. There's been this shooting pain that feels as if someone is poking my thyroid gland, it is super uncomfortable. I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar feeling? I'm currently being sent to a new endocrinologist because I turned 18, so I've been waiting for more info on who I'm being transferred to. The plan is to discuss the possibility of getting my thyroid removed. I was wanting to make sure that this kind of pain was normal before I got too anxious. Thank you! :) 

Call the doctor who did the ultrasound.  Most people with thyroid nodules have not pain or discomfort -- they only know about the nodules because of an exam.

The standard treatment for nodules that cause discomfort is removal of all or part of the thyroid gland whether the nodules are benign or not.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-...