Can I send my resignation/notice in during an investigation/suspension at work? ?

Yes, you can. Send a copy to your manager and another copy to HR just to cover your bases.

• ?

Don't give notice because they can lift the suspension and ask you to work it unless you wouldn't mind that. Quit without notice if you know you're not going to survive the disciplinary, they won't give you a reference anyway. What I did in the same situation was just that and I went to a temporary agency, who don't care what happened in my old job. Then I used the temporary job while I looked for permanent work.

• Maxi

Yes you can..............

Yes.  That is probably the best thing as if you get fired before you resign then you will have been fired...and that looks bad on an application.

BUT...if you resign before they can fire you, you can honestly say you 'HAD' to resign because of... any reason...bad commute, bad hours, bad management, lack of promotions...