East
East asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 2 months ago

How obnoxious is it to send a framed Bible verse (Psalm 27:31) to a former friend who cheated me out of money and didn’t repay?

Psalm 27:31 says that “the wicked borrow and do not repay”.

I have a former friend who I loaned money to.  He didn’t repay me, even though we had a thorough contract, prepared by lawyers.  I had to hire a lawyer after he repeatedly threatened to sue me (baseless claims to have the contract voided) after I started pushing for repayment.

I’ve now gotten my money back (as he violated the loan contract so my lawyer turned the tables on him) and I never want to se him again.

He constantly claims how Christian and righteous he is.

How rude would it be for me to send a framed copy of Psalm 27:31 to him (along with shredded copies of his legal demand letters and a gift that he had previously given to me)?  Maybe I’ll also include 1 Corinthians 6, warning against filing lawsuits in court, as he repeatedly threatened to sue me.

• susan

I predict that it won't make him sorry, but will make him think of you with more scorn as you prove how much his actions upset you. If you are trying to appear (and actually be) more righteous than him, you'd do  better to keep your dignity and move on. Sending him these gifts/messages is the opposite of keeping your dignity.

You'll probably make him more upset with you?

The Bible says if a man asks for your cloak, give him your tunic as well; the idea being that we ought to give even more generously without expecting a return.It reminds me of Les Mis.But I can understand being scammed out of a large amount of money. It will probably cause more harm for you to keep it in mind. He may just be an unthoughtful person, as there are many of in the world.Maybe sending him a Bible or a small gift and wishing him well? Hope that helps.

Source(s): ezbible.org

You shouldn't use the bible for conflicts it's not fair to the Lord! He stands for peace not conflict. Yes I would be upset too, but don't get the Almighty involved.

You were repaid.  It's time to move on.

I think that is a great idea. Remember it will escalate the conflict though. So if you don't mind that then I think it would be great if the facts are as presented here. If he is a physical threat though then I wouldn't bother.