For making cookies can I use corn scratch instead of baking powder for better texture ?

Cornstarch doesn't make them rise. It will reduce the gluten in the flour and make them a bit more tender. I wouldn't substitute more than a couple tbsps or they won't hold together properly.

• Janet

Corn scratch is what you toss on the ground to feed your chickens.  Also called "cracked corn".

Are you talking about cornstarch? You do NOT use that instead of baking powder. Baking powder reacts with heat to make the cookies rise up in the oven ... without it, your cookies will be hard and have the texture of cardboard.

Cornstarch is sometimes used in the cookie dough for shortbread cookies, but I much prefer shortbread made without cornstarch.  But I have never seen it used in other cookie recipes, and I've made a huge number of different kinds of cookies over the 59 years I have been baking.

Cornstarch is primarily used to thicken sauces and juices ... from fruit pies to oriental stir-fries.

Short answer: it won't achieve what you're hoping to achieve. Baking powder makes cookies rise. Starch does not. If you want a finer texture, you can try replacing 2Tbsp per cup of flour with cornsarch. 

You “can” but it won't have the safe effect as baking powder.