Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 month ago

Can I Vote? How? ?

This year will be my first year voting. I am a military spouse currently in Korea but we are moving to North Carolina fort Bragg in about a month or so. How do I go about establishing myself to vote once I am in North Carolina? 

Thank you for any help! :) 

Please vote Republican and save our country from the communist lunatics who want to destroy our freedoms. 

• Daniel

If you actually want to be a NC resident, you go to the DMV, get a drivers license and register to vote.  Just make sure that you are outside whatever window they have before the election (some states require you to be a resident for 30 days prior to an election).

Or, you could just vote wherever you are already a resident by absentee ballot.  The military goes through great lengths to have voting assistance officers on every base with representatives in every unit to help out servicemembers and their families. 

Your ballot will be based on home of record listed. You will have to ask for a mail in ballot by absentee (military) from your state, or go back to your hometown polling or where you are a registered voter to cast your vote.