Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 month ago

Can I Vote? How? ?

This year will be my first year voting. I am a military spouse currently in Korea but we are moving to North Carolina fort Bragg in about a month or so. How do I go about establishing myself to vote once I am in North Carolina? 

Thank you for any help! :) 

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Please vote Republican and save our country from the communist lunatics who want to destroy our freedoms. 

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If you actually want to be a NC resident, you go to the DMV, get a drivers license and register to vote.  Just make sure that you are outside whatever window they have before the election (some states require you to be a resident for 30 days prior to an election).

Or, you could just vote wherever you are already a resident by absentee ballot.  The military goes through great lengths to have voting assistance officers on every base with representatives in every unit to help out servicemembers and their families. 

• 1 month ago

Your ballot will be based on home of record listed. You will have to ask for a mail in ballot by absentee (military) from your state, or go back to your hometown polling or where you are a registered voter to cast your vote.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.