kathryn asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 6 months ago

Which gift is most suitable for my friend’s birthday?

A small but pretty framed painting, a beautiful scarf, or a moonstone ring?  This is an old friend who I haven’t seen for 2 years.  

Moonstone ring is the coolest. if she isnt cool then go with the painting.

Give her which gift what she/he like most. You know our friend likes or dislike and i think you better know which gift is most suitable for your friends birthday. 

• ?

Gift giving is a challenge for many people. You really need to take into consideration your friend's preferences , as well as the meaning of giving her a gift at all.  What is your gender? Would your gift have a romantic meaning? or, is it from a  friend to a friend?  All three possible gifts sound very nice, indeed. But are your color preferences and styles in sync with hers? Or different? E.G., you pick a lovely blue scarf, with paisley print, one that you really like; only,she hates that shade of blue and detests paisley prints! As for a ring, its the same thing, as well as a painting. Rings are risky for other reasons, as well: size is important,and rings can be interpreted as a romantic gift, whether intended this way or not.

I don't think the time lapse is important at all...and it might even make gift giving nicer, in fact.

If you want to be really on the safe side, get her a gift card instead ! It could be to a nice store, to amazon.com on line, Ebay,or, (pre-pandemic!) to a lovely restaurant.

Good wishes, 

• ?

You know your friend, so you have to decide. We can't do it for you

A mini gun or a grenade launcher would be just a cooler idea.

They're all lovely gift ideas, but I'd go with the small painting.  The ring sounds pretty but you haven't seen her for 2 years so it might be too personal.  The scarf also is a nice choice and I love them but many women don't, and say that they don't like things around their neck.  The painting sounds perfect.  

if she were a drinker i could give you some advice.....you're on your own here.