Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 2 months ago

Can I save my relationship with my dad?

My relationship with my dad has aways been weird. To make a long story short, I caught him cheating on my mother with other women. These girls/women were extremely younger than him; they ranged from about 19 (my age at the time I found out) to their early 30’s. I feel really creeped out when I’m near him and I can’t stand the idea of hugging him. He had never given me an actual reason to feel uncomfortable, until I noticed that he looks at both me and my sisters when we walk near him. I’m doing my best to try and have a somewhat alright relationship with him but I can't do it on my own and I genuinely don't even know if I should try… I also can’t tell if I’m projecting (he’s excellent at gaslighting so I’m left second-guessing myself). Does anyone suggest any ways of trying to see past what he’s done? Is it even ok for me to be trying to have a relationship with him? 

If you can't trust your Father to be honest with you there is nothing to salvage 

Dating younger women does NOT mean he is considering incest.

Truly, I am shocked that you would draw this conclusion.

I'd do him a favor and stay away from him.

Try to realize that his tastes for younger women in no way suggests that he's "into" you or your sisters.