Is my mileage too high?

I drive a 2006 Honda Civic and currently my mileage is 153,171,5756.1(Trip A) and 153,171,4016.1(Trip B). I’m curious because I’ve been driving a lot lately and I want to know if my current mileage is too high or not. I plan on using this car for a long time and trying to put as little stress on it as possible if I can if I can help it. 

At 1.5 Billion miles I would be contacting Honda to see if they want it back.

153K miles? That's a walk in the park for a Civic. A friend of mine's mother does sales and she has a 2007 Civic LX 4door with 426K miles on it that she purchased new with 14 miles on it. Original engine and original automatic transmission The car runs and drives incredibly well. She bought new car last year but she's keeping this one. She said she'll drive it until it dies. The only thing she's had to replace (outside of routine maintenance) is the alternator three weeks ago. That's a testament to how reliable Civics can be- especially hers since she first changed the transmission fluid at 148K miles. She's been dilligent ever since though. 

• CB

Reset your trip meters - then you will have Trip A 0 miles and Trip B 0 miles. Then look at the odometer and that is how many miles you actually have on the vehicle. 

Maybe read the owners manual about why trip meters exist and how to use them.

Keep tabs on oil consumption, check regularly instead of just having it changed periodically and hoping it is full enough as older engines sometimes start using oil . Do any other maintenance as outlined in the owners manual (timing belt, fluid changes etc) and it should last you a good long while. 

• Barry

The mileage is average for the car's age. If you maintain the vehicle properly and drive gently it should  last. However it is old and old cars start to rust. So it maybe that corrosion finishes your car off.

Not too many miles for a car that old.

• Scott

Not horrible for a 14 year old car. Just about average mileage.

Looks like you have millions and millions of miles there.  If you mean you have 153,171 miles in total , that would be about right.  Maybe even a little on the low side of average.  Whatever you are doing, it is working, so keep at it.

How many miles average per day, per week, or per month are you driving? That, plus a knowledge of how it was maintained and treated in the past, is what is needed to estimate whether it is too much wear and tear for long-term ownership. 150,000+ miles is already a lot, but it might go another 100,000 or it might croak next week. We can't tell you more than that with such limited information to go on.