Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 2 months ago

Is it odd that I don't want to rewrite my book till I have a laptop or other device that has never been online?

I want to rewrite it, but only share with some people while that happens.

People steal from my online work all the time.

• Brian

That might be the best thing to do.

• Speed

I wouldn't say "odd" so much as "paranoid." People stealing a writer's work might be an issue for Grisham or King to consider, but you and me? Nope.

Worrying about theft of your work is a concern of amateurs. The reality is that few people want it, and them only if you market it to them.

You could probably write a book on a blog and if you don't link to it or promote it when you use other websites, nobody would bother it, even though it's public.

• mokrie

Buy an original typewriter. 

Yes. You can disconnect your existing computer from the internet. And if you are using local software only someone hacking your computer could find your rewrite and unless it contains some universal knowledge or you are already a famous writer then no sure why anyone would be looking.