Why do objects sink below the horizon if the earth is flat?

This is a question for the flat earthers which I am a believer of however people ask me this question and I tell them it's just perspective based because when you get a strong enough lens on your camera you can zoom in 3000mm and objects in the distance will rise to your eye level. 

The earth simply isn't flat, that is why.

After the sun "sets" below the horizon point your camera in the direction where the sun disappeared below the horizon. See if you can zoom in and bring the sun back up to eye level. When you can't (notice, I did not say "if") think about why not.

Besides the fact that astronomical objects like the sun as well as ships leaving port disappear below the horizon consider some other facts that you can check for yourself:

Hurricanes always spin counterclockwise in the northern hemisphere and clockwise in the southern hemisphere - there are never any hurricanes on the equator.

Time zones exist.

Seasons are reversed in the northern and southern hemisphere. 

Foucault pendulums can be used to determine your latitude.

The moon appears inverted in the southern hemisphere.

The angular velocity of the sun is a constant.

North of the arctic circle during the summer solstice the sun doesn't set.

Can you explain how all of this is possible with one single flat earth model?

Why would anyone this day and age believe the earth is flat when it is so easy to disprove? I don't mean that question sarcastically I'm genuinely interested.

Basically because the Earth isn't flat and the sinking below the horizon is an indicator of it.

I don't think you can deny that Magellan was a genius...

I don't think you can deny that the Sun is round...

I don't think you can deny the Moon is round...

...and you can't deny Jupiter is round...

...so why should the Earth be flat, !!?

...and can you imagine artificial satellites orbiting... a flat Earth ?

• cosmo

Every evening, Isis and Osiris gather the Sun from the Western Horizon and tamp down its flames.  Then they place it on a barge that carries it in the rivers under the Earth to the Eastern Horizon, where new fuel is added and it's launched again into the Sky.

• Who

Thats just a simple observation that PROVES the earth CANNOT be flat

(its the fact that it "sinks" ie - it gradually disappears from the BOTTOM while you can still see the top

if it were flat it would just get smaller and smaller ALL OVER until you could not see it any more

The gravitational field at the edge of the earth bends light so  that objects viewed from a distance appear to sink below the horizon.

This was discovered by the Victorian English physicist Sir George Blatee. By chance,  BLATEE stands for bending light at the earth's edge, which is the acronym taught to all primary school children here in the UK, where religious liberalism requires that the flat earth theory is taught alongside the oblate spheroid theory.

Obviously if the sun revolves around the flat earth it disappears below the edge of the earth when it rises on the other side of this same flat earth.  You can demonstrate this with a sheet of cardboard and a light bulb.  For a short time it would be sunset on one side and sunrise on the other.

They wouldn't sink , instead they do ....it means earth is not flat 

• Bill

no

now if you are a true flat earth believer ( no body could be that moronic) as these questions if you can . do you fly in planes or are you scared in that you believe that if the plane is in a cloud , you could fly out into space over the edge  or another question do flat earthers ever go sky diving or are they scared that gust of wind will blow them into space over the edge

real questions for unreal people