why do you think athiests don't know what a myth is?

myths were used to tell historical events!

Update:

look it up

Update 2:

jeff why should I give a damn that you think im stupid? YOU BELIEVE YOU CAME FROM A ROCK.

Update 3:

"The word ‘ Myth’ originates from the Greek word mythos, meaning ‘word’ or ‘tale’ or ‘true narrative’, referring not only to the means by which it was transmitted but also to its being rooted in truth."

Update 4:

Learn to read. I never said myths were real. >.>

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Doc
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

So, the bible isn't a book of myths ? just Fairy tales, and fables ?

• 1 month ago

They are also used for say fake things / stories ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• 1 month ago

Atheists insist there is nothing and are fervent preachers of nothing, so it is not surprising that they know nothing.

• 1 month ago

Pink said that myths were used to tell historical events. He did not say they told them accurately.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Hey Pink (you moron) - here is the dictionary.com definition of the word MYTH:

myth[ mith ] -- noun 

1.a traditional or legendary story, usually concerning some being or hero or event, with or without a determinable basis of fact or a natural explanation, especially one that is concerned with deities or demigods and explains some practice, rite, or phenomenon of nature.

2. stories or matter of this kind:

realm of myth.

3. any invented story, idea, or concept:

His account of the event is pure myth.

4. an imaginary or fictitious thing or person.

5. an unproved or false collective belief that is used to justify a social institution.

GEE!   Look at how many time words like THIS show up:  legendary.  with/without basis in fact.  invented story or idea. imaginary.  fictitious.  unproved.  FALSE belief. used to justify...

GET AN EDUCATION - you FOOL.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Atheists know what a myth is, but here is the truth: 

Two thousand years have gone by since 

Jesus came back and appeared to his disciples. 

The fact that Christians, along with their prayers, 

belief, repentance, and special routines want him 

to do it again, does not seem to be bringing him back. 

In John 14:19, Jesus makes it clear: 

“A little longer and the world will behold me no more.” 

Obviously, Christians don’t give a damn about what Jesus says. 

They believe that they deserve better. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Mike (below me).  This questioner "pink" is clearly too big of an idiot to understand things like that.  You need to use a coloring book, pictures, and very small words for this moron to even begin to grasp what you are saying. His very low self-esteem is showing -- look at how he fires back his little second-grade comebacks to everyone responding to this thread.  LOL

• Mike
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Of course we know what a myth is.  It was used to create a plausible explanation for something that happened in the past but for which there is no information.

That doesn't make a myth the facts or the truth.

• 1 month ago

I don't know why *you* don't know what a myth is.  Myths told legends, not history. It's a Greek word, you know -- μύθος/mythos.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.