I am elation/I have elation/I have joyful. - which one is the best?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Zapata
    Lv 6
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

The first and third of these phrases are just incorrect and grammatically wrong. 

The second, "I have elation",  is grammatically correct - but it would be an unusual and awkward phrase, and would not be used by English language speakers in any normal situation, unless perhaps they were writing poetry!

We would usually say "I am elated",  or "I am joyful" .

• RP
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I feel elated or I am elated. I feel joyful or am joyful. Generally, we don't use am and have with those expressions (words).

• 1 month ago

I'm sorry but native speakers wouldn't use any of them.

I'm elated / joyful!I feel elated / joyful!I'm full of joy!I'm thrilled! I'm delighted!

"I have elation" is grammatically correct, but nobody would use it.

• 1 month ago

"Elation" is a noun, not an adjective. Use it after "have". The adjective is "elated"- use that with "be"  "Joyful" is also an adjective. You can look words up at dictionary.com, but you can also tell by the endings. "tion" is a noun ending; "ful" is an adjective ending. The past participles of most verbs can be used as adjectives.

I am elated.

I am joyful. 

I have elation- grammatical, but unusual. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

'I have elation' is the only one that is correct, and it isn't what most native English speakers would say. They'd say 'I am elated'.

• frank
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Elated means very happy:

Fans were elated when their team scored a goal.

The young man was overjoyed when he found out that he was father to a baby boy.

I would be delighted to help you with your homework.

• 1 month ago

None. I am elated or I am joyful. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.