Computer Problem?

here is the specs for my pc

OS: Windows 10

CPU: AMD Dual core something (cant remember but its from 06)

GPU: a Intel IGPU from same era

RAM: 4GBS

here is problem, this all worked just fine until i had to reinstall my cpu (i bought one to upgrade turns out it doesnt fit in there) so i put everything back in just the way it was and now when my pc turns on, fans power and everythings running except the Display Mouse and Keyboard (although oddly enough the mouse laser on bottom flickers when i hit power button then poof off)

i have tried reseating everything using a dustbuster can (the spray can with the nozzle taped to side) using a diff video cable (i tried that thinking it was fried but its not the old one works on my sons pc and vice versa so its not a VGA cable or monitor issue) only thing i have not done is replace the CMOS battery (which has an odd mark on back thats not there before so that could be it shorted out)

anyone have suggestions?

• David

It should boot even without a CMOS battery. I would remove the CPU and check for bent pins. If no better you will have to take it to a tech

it might be broken, get another one 

• Lv 7

if the mouse and keyboard are the only thing not working, you may have shorted out the USB ports. are you sure you gave enough time to Windows to detect "new" devices (which happens if you plug them in new ports).

try plugging them in to the front USBs, see if they show up. and give it a good 10 minutes for Windows to finish loading. 2 core AMDs are pretty slow, doubly so for Win10...

and if the CMOS battery was the problem, your computer probably wouldn't start at all. you'd probably just get a black screen with fans spinning...

just replace the CMOS CR2032 battery on the

mobo and restart BIOS by tapping F8 or Del

then check the BIOS settings

• Dze

if youve been switching components around chances are you do need to reset cmos and reload the correct values in bios .. if the batterys from 06 im sure that needs a fresh one to ..