Emory Traylor asked in PetsDogs · 2 months ago

How do I get my dogs medicine?

Yesterday I took my dog to the vet for examination and treatment for fleas. I have the prescription but I dont know where to pick up the medication for my dog.

Most drug stores have what Vet prescribe.

You should have been given the medication when there for an examination and diagnosis.   Go back.   Or you could buy online which is generally cheaper and delivered fast.   Most flea treatment isn't under prescription.

• jean

ring the vets and ask

Call the vet's office and ask.  Many vets sell or provide the medications in their offices. It is also possible that you can purchase a flea treatment like Frontline or NexGard from a retail store like PetSmart or online from Amazon or Chewy.

It if is a prescription, some "people pharmacies" can fill those prescriptions. Your vet should know which ones in your area do that.

• marty

Ask the vet who they recommend.  My vet always gives me the medication herself

You call Pharmacies in your area and ask if they have a Pharmacist on staff who is licensed to fill prescriptions for house pets.

My husband is a Pharmacist with a specialized license.