Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 2 months ago

Do i have to be old to enjoy good music?

The other day my best friends dad told me "Man you kids dont know anything about good music"...does that mean i have to grow old to enjoy good music

No, you don't. Some people just like to whine that other people don't listen to the same music as they do.

No. Im 63 but ove classical, written 300 years ago. As well as anything up to the 'nineties.

• Petter

No, all it means is that the person who said it is really old, especially mentally. =)

• Dv8s

Sort of, like when you're old and the kids are listening to ?  The music of today will be old and therefore nostalgic to your generation.

• He means that today's music is trash which my kids both agree with.  I feel sorry for kids today, pop music was such an important part of my growing up and to be honest my overall education and today's culture just doesn't inspire or entertain at all.

I was in my teens when I listened to good music by The Beatles, Rolling Stones, The Who, Yes, Emerson Lake and Palmer, Eric Clapton, Jefferson Airplane, Led Zeppelin, Red Stewart, The Doors, Bob Dylan, Joni Mitchell, and Crosby Stills Nash and Young. Age has nothing to do with musical taste. I still like the same music. I do not like Rap because it is not music.

No, that means you should listen to old music... except disco. 

• Kathy

Nope......................

What's stopping you RIGHT NOW from turning on your radio, or whatever other gizmos you use, to an FM Classics station, and judging for yourself?  WHAT?

No you have to enjoy old music to enjoy good music :)

HE LIKELY MEANS THE 50S AND 60S AND 70S HAD BETTER STUFF THAN WHAT THEY MAKE NOW..