When will my name officially change?

When my name change gets granted, will my name actually change immediately or will it officially be changed a couple days later?

2 Answers

Relevance
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Your changed name becomes legal to use immediately, when it's "granted". It's up to you do reach out to your drivers license bureau, banks, credit cards, loans, social security, job, school, passport, etc and take the steps to have your name changed with all those entities. Many will require a copy of the documentation of your legal name change and some may charge a fee to issue you a new drivers license or vehicle registration. Credit cards and banks don't typically charge a fee to make that change for you. NONE of it is done automatically though, you must reach out to each entity yourself.

Your question belongs in Politics & Government>Law & Ethics as it's currently in Yahoo Products>Yahoo Mail>Preferences & Settings and not applicable to this subcategory (and thus decreases your chances of getting many useful answers).

Moving your question can be done by clicking Edit (pencil icon for mobile)>Edit category just beneath your question, then selecting the category that's appropriate for the topic.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

immediately  by court Order.

You will then be legally obliged to contact everyone, business, government, etc. to change legal documents. to the new name.

Name Change is only notification to You, alone.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.