air pressure regulator position unable to attach directly to air tank outlet.?

theres just no room to screw it on. I can't even screw an angled 90 degree elbow or anything. the outlet is just too close to the surface of the air tank.

I need some short flexible piece of hose or something. 

What i'm doing at the moment is just screwing the regulator into the far end of the long hose right where the tool attaches. 

and then attaching the tool directly to the output of the regulator. it's not the proper way to do it but it works enough to regulate the pressure.

Is there a solution to my problem without having to use a short piece of hose or something for connecting the regulator closer to the air tank output?

Its just a tank. It doesnt have a regulator or compressor built in

I have an external compressor. it gets hooked up to it like you would a bycicle pump. it has no regulator of its own. its just on or off full blast manually.

I just need some kind of short hose piece or something that will rotate to let me attach the regulator closer to the output of the tank so I dont have the regulator adding bulk to the end of the hose where the tool attaches.

If there isn't room to connect the pressure regulator to the tank, the TANK is the problem. I suspect whatever tank you have is not designed for enough pressure for a regulator to be useful.

No idea what you are trying to do here.  Compressor should have a regulator built in to the tank when you buy one.  A second regulator is just used to fine tune pressure to the tool.  If tank does not have one, use a male to male adapter or male to female adapter.

• Edwena

Sounds like you need a brass nipple to get you some space.