Isabel
Lv 4
Isabel asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 2 months ago

What non-diamond stone is best for an engagement ring?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Any gemstone will be nice, but I would personally really like a ruby, pearl or a sapphire.

Source(s): my opinion.
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

ANY kind of stone that a woman likes is "best" for  her engagement ring. It might be an emerald; it might be a ruby; it might be a sapphire; it might be an opal; it might be an aquamarine - whatever stone she likes..

• If your partner wants a specific stone then go with that. 

I like sapphires, pearls, or opals.

• 2 months ago

The one you like. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Trish
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

I would choose a Ruby a sapphire or an emerald.  At least I think they would be among the top three besides a diamond.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

That'll be the one you both like the most. Prior to the advent of advertising by the diamond industry most engagement rings weren't diamonds. So pick one you like or one that means something to both of you and go with that. 

• drip
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

As long as it is hard stone that will hold up to daily wear.

Sapphire, Emerald, Rubies, Alexandrite, Aquamarine, Morganite. 

Some of these come in different colors. 

You want a Mohs scale score of 7+.  I am hard on my jewelry so I would go with a 8+. 

My daughter has a white sapphire and rose gold.

What is best is what you think is best for you. 

• 2 months ago

Depends on the person who'll be wearing the ring - different people like different stones / colours / designs. 

Generally - ideally something that's not mined in a way that's detrimental to humans. 

• 2 months ago

There is no 'best', there is only personal preference. If you're looking for something as precious and rare as a diamond however, you should consider a sapphire. 

• Helen
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The dontbotherifitsnotadiamond is popular.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.