Isabel
Isabel asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 2 months ago

What non-diamond stone is best for an engagement ring?

Any gemstone will be nice, but I would personally really like a ruby, pearl or a sapphire.

Source(s): my opinion.
  • Edna

ANY kind of stone that a woman likes is "best" for  her engagement ring. It might be an emerald; it might be a ruby; it might be a sapphire; it might be an opal; it might be an aquamarine - whatever stone she likes..

• If your partner wants a specific stone then go with that. 

I like sapphires, pearls, or opals.

The one you like. 

• Trish

I would choose a Ruby a sapphire or an emerald.  At least I think they would be among the top three besides a diamond.

That'll be the one you both like the most. Prior to the advent of advertising by the diamond industry most engagement rings weren't diamonds. So pick one you like or one that means something to both of you and go with that. 

• drip

As long as it is hard stone that will hold up to daily wear.

Sapphire, Emerald, Rubies, Alexandrite, Aquamarine, Morganite. 

Some of these come in different colors. 

You want a Mohs scale score of 7+.  I am hard on my jewelry so I would go with a 8+. 

My daughter has a white sapphire and rose gold.

What is best is what you think is best for you. 

Depends on the person who'll be wearing the ring - different people like different stones / colours / designs. 

Generally - ideally something that's not mined in a way that's detrimental to humans. 

There is no 'best', there is only personal preference. If you're looking for something as precious and rare as a diamond however, you should consider a sapphire. 

• Helen

The dontbotherifitsnotadiamond is popular.