Why didn’t you become an NFL player?

Why would you want to work a regular job when you can be a pro athlete 

21 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Who said i didn't?

• 1 month ago

I was too skinny to play as a kid. Better suited for swimming and basketball.  

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Right... because it's that easy to go pro. It takes hard work! Probably harder work than a 9 to 5. It does payoff, but a tiny fraction survive.

• Zapata
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

I'm too old, too slow, too weak, too short, too fat and too uncoordinated. I can't run, jump, hit, block, throw, kick or catch. So, yeah, you'd have thought at least the Cleveland Browns would be interested in me....but still nothing. If they don't phone by next week, I'm gonna be announcing my retirement from the sport. Or maybe try the CFL.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Im not big enough so the skill set never was worked on either.

• 2 months ago

Too small to play guard, fullback, or linebacker.  Too slow to play RB or safety.   Much too short or small for other positions.

• David
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I wanted to be a baseball player, thought I was the next Don Drysdale.  Eventually you gotta find a way to pay the bills.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

not athletic enough nor have size speed needed for the job.

• Mike W
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Wasn't big enough, strong enough, or fast enough to play professional football.  

• 2 months ago

I could NEVER have been an NFL player.  

First of all, at 5'10", I would be undersized for everything except RB, CB, and maybe WR.  Secondly, I don't have the pain threshold.  I don't push through pain when exercising, and the physically beating someone takes in real football would have convinced me to give it up pretty early.

Now that said, I LOVED pickup football in my neighborhood and was pretty good at it.  And I played some pickup games against people who played high school ball, and I was more than competitive.  But that's a very different thing than a real game.

But then when you start talking about college and pro, I wouldn't have been fast enough.  Not by a longshot.  The positions my size would have let me compete at, even the SLOW guys are fast.  And while I was fast-ish in my pickup games and neighborhood, I wasn't going to matchup to even the slow guys at college.  Much less the NFL.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.