Ray asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 2 months ago

Do all highly intelligent people read books?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

I don't quiet know the exact answer to this question but in order for a person to learn something, it was either taught by someone who read it first, or they read it themselves and learned it on their own. 

• chorle
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No many don't know how to read like the fictional example of the native bush man in the "The Gods Must Be Crazy Movies" Although I do believe that most highly intelligent people do read books. 

• 2 months ago

probably yes - with a few exceptions like Stephen Hawking !

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Not all do, but the ones who don't start to fall in knowledge as they get older if they are not taking in information from elsewhere and only rely on themselves.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Most, but no, not all.

I've known a couple of extremely clever engineers who never read fiction. They read newspapers and engineering magazines; that's all.

Yet their conversation is no less interesting than anyone else's. Just don't expect them to have anything to say about your favourite novel.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

My husband has two PhDs and rarely reads books. He reads three newspapers a day, consumes a whole lot of TV and internet news, and is general thoughtful and wise, his words considered before spoken. (I'll *never* be able to do that.)

He's clearly highly intelligent, but not a book reader. He reads maybe six or eight books a year, if that.

Our kids, an engineer for a NASA contractor and a professor, are both readers, like their mama.

• Marli
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Intelligent people are curious.  They are knowledge mavens. They imbibe and process information.

I would say from my experience that almost all intelligent people are readers. 

• Robin
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

yes we do .....................................

• Sathi
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I’d say newspapers more than books.

• A.J.
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

All and none of anything is rare. Almost all intelligent people read or have read books in paper or computer device forms.  

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.