Jade asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 2 months ago

Positive early pregnancy test but negative digital?

Hi,

I took a pregnancy test yesterday and i’m pretty sure it was positive. The line was faint, but still there! And i heard a line is a line. I decided to take a CB digital one this morning, but it said i’m not pregnant. What does that mean? Could i still be pregnant?

It’s supposed to be a plus sign and it’s much more clear in real life. I took the strip out of the test and the second line was still there (and blue).

I'd trust the digital.  The one you posted looks like an indent line to me.  Wait a week and test again.

Once you take a test apart, you render it invalid.  You read it as packaged, not take the strip out.

A line is not a line. What you have looks like an evaporation line.  The horizontal line should look like the sample line on the right -- as thick and bold as the horizontal one.

If you engaged in unprotected sex during your ovulation window and your period is at least a week late, you could be pregnant. If you test too soon, there will not be enough HCG in your urine to cause the needed test strip reaction. Your options include: 

1. Wait at least 2 more days and test again.

2. Call a clinic or ob/gyn office and go in for blood text.

• MissA

You got a positive test.  Assume you are pregnant until proven otherwise.

• LizB

It looks like a faint positive to me, but blue dye tests are notorious for evap lines, so unless it's blazing positive I don't really trust them. Try a pink dye test. Digital tests are generally less sensitive (as in you must have for more hCG in your system for them to detect) than other types of test, so you can be pregnant but still get a false negative with those. Weirdly enough, the cheapie generic tests like those you can get at the Dollar Store are often among those that can detect the lowest amounts of hCG.