Does Ghost of Tsushima stand up to the hype?

This game looks beautiful and people are talking about it non-stop on Reddit. I've never heard of Sucker Punch Productions though. I got into Skyrim and Zelda- Breath of the Wild a couple years late and enjoyed the games even after the hype died down.

You get to brutally gut people, pet adorable little foxes, and wander around aimlessly while searching for collectible mcguffins.

I'd say it definitely lives up to the hype.

• Raditz

You never heard of Sucker Punch? Really?

They made lots of games for Sony in the past, like the Infamous and Sly Cooper series, while Ghost if Tsushima is their 2nd game this gen, after Infamous: Second Son + First Light expansion.

As for the game, yes, GoT stands up to its hype, even since it was first announced couple years ago. The reason is that people has been asking for an open-world that were set in ancient or feudal era Japan, yet no game devs seems to care. Their reasoning was the era has been done to death, and nobody would play it.

Yet here we are, where Ghost of Tsushima was made, and it has an overwhelmingly positive response from the players with currently 9.3 user score in Metacritic (#2 game with the highest user score in 2020). 

I thanked Sucker Punch for making this game, since it's really a dream game for me (a.k.a open-world realistic Samurai game), and I hope they're making the sequel, which tells about the second Mongol invasion.