Is dialysis good?

My wife has Covid plus pneumonia.  Her lungs are being treated and she is stabilized and the kidney specialist is going to see her.  Her oxygen level is at 80...she is also type 2 diabetic...they are positive they can heal her.  I’m worried and scared though 

Dialysis is annoying as you have to have it three rimes a week for 5 hours each time and there are two needles in your arm.

There is another type with a tube in the stomach and dialyse every night in your own bed.

Dialysis is recommended only when the kidney function has reach a poor functioning level.

Source(s): I have been on dialysis for just over two months, but had a fistula put in over 8 years ago for when I needed dialysis.

ONLY if the kidneys are failing to perform the way that they should, sir.  This is something that the kidney specialist will be able to determine from the blood tests and urinalysis performed on your wife.