How can I find out who adopted me as a baby? ?

When I was a baby I was taken away from my biological parents and was put into a home. I was there in that home till I was 18months , then I was adopted by a loving family which I am very grateful for. I finally found my biological family and is grateful for that as well but, I want to know where  I was placed at when I was a baby ? There are literally no photos of me as a baby and I dont know who I was with during that time . There is just like this huge gap in my life from a baby until I was 18months and I would just really like to get some closure. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be so thankful. Please and thank you. 

• John P

What I think you mean is a foster parent (as we call them in the UK) who is someone who looks after babies until they get legally adopted by a couple. Otherwise your question does not make sense, since you grew up until adulthood with your loving adoptive parents.

The adoption records of the agency in charge probably would have the info

I'd start with your adoptive parents, they at the very least know who facilitated the adoption even if they never visited the home in person. Then you can contact the facilitator or agency they went through and see what you need in order to have that information released. 

I would start with the adoption agency.  If absolutely necessary, find a good investigator who specializes in tracing family origins.

23andme isn't going to help you find the home.  You already found your biological family.  A DNA test isn't going to help in this instance.

Your best bet would be to contact the agency who placed you for adoption. They would likely have the record of who took care of you your first year and a half.

Source(s): Adoptee and Adoptive Mom.

Do 23andme or another one of those DNA tests and you will find relatives, possibly cousins or immediate family. Then contact them. Good luck!