Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetComputer Networking · 6 months ago

Wifi router?

So my wifi just shuts off from time to time like there's just some kind of block for like hours, then it magically starts right back up, my friend told me to just reset my wifi router, like turn it off, then turn it on, how do I do that? And should it work? I just dont wanna mess anything up.

do reset it.its issue with IP reflecting issue please change modem or your machine ip issue will be resolved 

Hard reset: unplug the router power plug, wait 30 sec, plug it back is. Wait for it to completely restart ( about 2 minutes).

The power unit may be overheating.  when it quits feel the power adapter and see if it is really HOT.  Try a new one.

• keerok

Just unplug the power, wait for about 30 seconds then plug again. If that didn't work, unplug and wait longer for like 30 minutes or so.

• ?

Wifi goes down or Internet goes down?  If you can't connect to the wifi, that indicates the wifi chip or antenna is scragged.  Internet down is another thing, check modem lights to make sure you are connected to the ISP.  Memorize what "good" lights are and what happens when it is down. Does wired work?

• ?

If you want to restart your router, you typically just unplug it from power for about 1-2 minutes and then plug it back in. A lot of modern routers can now be restarted from within the web management interface, or corresponding app.

If your router starts locking up more frequently, it could be a sign of it starting to fail. I used to have a Belkin router from around 2010 that worked fine for years. However, around late 2016, early 2017 it began locking up more and more frequently so I had to replace it.