what is the difference now between someone coming up and telling you that they believe in "Jesus" vs. believing in "Santa Clause"?

do most Europeans think that "Americans" are mainly uneducated peasants or african/indian slaves? how true?

The main difference between these two beliefs is that about Santa, parents reveal the reality: It doesn't exist. 

They don't do it about their gods, since their own parents let them believe they are real = they never revealed the reality. But hey, not only their own parents never did it for them, but too: the parents of their parents, etc ... Thus the lame stories are repeated .. Sad ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Who is Santa Clause, the patron saint of lawyers?  I suppose you meant Santa Claus.

I have experienced God for myself, through which I have come to know that Jesus Christ still exists, alive, healthy, and immortal.  I have no evidence for Saint Nicholas still being active in the world.

While Jesus and Saint Nicholas are both real, historical persons, only Jesus is God.

It's amusing to hear a child say they believe in Santa.

It's so sad to hear and adult saying they believe in Jeebus.

~

The Santa myth is based on a real person.

Same stuff.

One kid will tell you god is real.

The next will say Santa is too.

Once you start to pretend like that, you can convince yourself of anything.

Because one can experience one (Jesus) and not the other.

Jesus is real. Santa is not. Glad to help.