Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 2 months ago

Is this safe to do this?

I had surgery on the 15th of July and a week or so I got an infection on the inside of my mouth. I can feel a little lump and it hurts to be touched and it hurts when I eat. I ended up going to the ER and the doctor prescribed me Amoxicillin which has done NOTHING for me. I took it for a little over a week and I can still feel the infection and it still hurts to eat. I have about 2 pills left and my dad insists that I take Clindamycin which he has left over pills from before. He said I can take the left over pills for him. Is this safe to do this? To just take the leftover pills from my dad? Or should I call the doctor and say that amoxicillin does nothing for me?

• Mike

Taking your dad's leftover pills may not help, could be dangerous, and he is irresponsible for suggesting it.

Talk to your doctor and get your own prescription.  Tell him the amox hasn't helped.

God, no. If you take an incomplete course of antibiotics you will end up with an antibiotic resistant infection. See a doctor and flush your dad's leftover antibiotics.