Jess asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

Why do I still love a cruel narcissistic person who tried to ruin my life?

I fell in love with a girl who did nothing but hurt me (I’m also a girl). She falsely reported me to the police for rape because she didn’t want her parents to know she’s gay so that way she wouldn’t get in trouble (I had to go to court). She loved making me suffer by putting paper clips on my clit until I cry and it really turned her on. She would make me do her assignments for her and wash the dishes for her when I went over to her house. She would intentionally embarrass me by video calling my friends while she made me do degrading things. She wanted me to have to walk outside naked.

She stole clothes we bought in online orders together even though I paid for them “because they look better on her”. She would make me write text messages every morning to tell her how amazing she is. 

Yet somehow even after everything all I want is to be with her. Why can’t I just realise she’s cruel and evil and forget about her. I know I need to see a psychologist but I was hoping someone on here could at least have some temporary advice.

She also would ask me if I would let her stab me in the hand and when I would say no she would ask me if she could just slice me instead. She’s really crazy but I must be too because I still love her and want to be with her. Why can’t I stop feeling this way to such a bad person? 

• Jim2

Maybe it's a self esteem issue. I was with an abusive alcoholic for a few years. She would go from kind and affectionate to a demon. I kept forgiving her, thinking she would change and permanently be kind. I finally realized that I needed a better opinion of myself. Somehow my gullibility and naivete about her changing seemed to be related to the poor opinion I had of myself at that time, in some weird way!