my new keyboard not connecting to pc?

my new keyboard and mouse are not connecting  to my newly built pc. the usb ports are not broken because my speaker is conecting to the pc just fine. also my mouse and keyboard are not broken because they work when i connect to my laptop, please help

Check for the driver online

Try different USB ports.

Present type PC motherboards may have two, three or more different USB systems controlling different ports and often the BIOS & "bare" Windows install can only recognise certain of those systems.

The rest only work once the operating system is running and proper drivers loaded.

Ignore any USB3 (blue) ones, or at least try all others first.

And if the PC is otherwise working OK, check in device manager & add whatever drivers are needed for the other USB devices.

Did you install the necessary drivers for your keyboard & mouse?  Unless you're using basic, generic hardware components... there's likely going to be some hardware drivers that your computer will need to figure out how these components are suppose to interact.

While most modern OS's will have drivers for most common hardware components, if came from a high-end OR an obscure manufacturer... your OS might not have those drivers because the manufacturer hasn't provided a copy (or only provided an old & potentially heavily outdated copy) to the OS makers to include in their libraries (either with the OS or on their update servers).

If you haven't already, visit the hardware manufacturer & see if they have drivers (or their own update utility program) available for your OS to download & install on your desired PC.  If issues still persists, consider checking your motherboard's firmware for possible updates as it could be a BIOS issue (considering I ran into this on an old PC when optical mice were becoming a thing around 20 years ago... it's worth checking into).

If things still aren't working as desired, you may want to seek professional help with an A+ certified professional computer technician to check things out at it might be something in the hardware that might be playing nicely with your desired hardware.  I know it's pricey, but it's better to consult a professional at this point than guess at the issue.

With no clues from you about some "newly built pc" and "new keyboard" like makes, model numbers, the operating system, how to guess?

Just do what "Olive" suggests or contact a repair shop.

• Olive

Try this. Turn off computer and unplug it. Now hold in power button for like 20 seconds n now plug back in and power on computer and should run normal