Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

Can I use something other than egg to get my flour/spice mix to stick to my fried chicken?

• JOHN B

I shouldn't give out my secret recipe, but I don't believe the masses would even try it.

Soak chicken overnight in La. hot sauce. Crystal or Louisiana (TM) brands are best. Not tabasco or any other type sauce.

Dregde in flour as normal. Fry. Perfect chicken. Authorized by a connoisseur and used in a restaurant menu.

Buttermilk,melted butter,olive oil dredge first then dredge thru flour.

• denise

Buttermilk,  if you steep the chicken pieces in it for 30 minutes [or a little longer] you can then toss it in your flour / coating, it works well and tastes good on the finished chicken.

sure. milk, water, a mix of oil..look up vegan breading for frying.

• kswck2

You can try buttermilk. That will allow breading to stick. But, couple of tips: Shake off the excess breading. Do not stack the chicken on top of each other on a plate-put it in the frying oil right away. Season chicken well before breading-so it doesn't just slide off. 

If you're using a heavy coating like corn flakes, you're pretty much stuck with egg whites. For a normal breading I spray my foods with olive oil and air fry.

• John

And yogurt.....

• CB

Mustard, milk, buttermilk.

Buttermilk.   

Honey. Maple syrup. Glue.