Does getting married usually improve your life?

Marriage is for the emotionally mature - not for those, who aren't.  Marriage is not a magic bullet but comes with its own set of trials, tests, set-backs and good times too.  Problems do exist for married couples but you go through those times of trouble, together.  Going it together, makes your relationship stronger or it will break it.  What you derive from your marriage depends on a number of varying factors.  Maturity emotionally, realistic expectations, money, in-laws (how you relate and dal with them) and sex in marriage.  These are important components in a successful marriage.  Life's problems do not "go away" because you are married.

There's that saying: 'Most unhappy people are married women and unmarried men...'

I've sought marriage for 38 years - not wanting to be a deviant since I'm certainly not a player... but the funny part is it almost feels like it wouldn't be entertaining to the universe if I could settle down... so I've had no luck.

• No, I don't think so because marriage is a responsibility. If someone think that spoiled people will change after marriage then it's answer is no.

May be love can impact it's effect on a particular person after marriage and help to change the life of someone in a positive direction.

• David

if by "improve" you mean "end"...

then YES...

No not for me. On the upside I was still getting as much sex as ever (frequently) - just with the man I married.-  On the downside we fought alot and physically fight I mean. We've got along so much better since the divorce, as we're much more civil to each other. We also had two wonderful children together, who both live with him now. (I have health issues that I can't get help for in that area of the country, so I moved to get the help. The kids stayed with him as I didn't want to disrupt their education by moving them) 

• KTJoe

Marriage does nothing but bring two lovers legally together then tell them to make it work.  

• P

It really depends on whom you marry.  Marry the wrong person and your worst nightmares will come true.  The problem is many people make fantastic girl\boyfriends but horrible spouses\parents.  People always assume that it translates well and it doesn't.  You need a true partner in all aspects of life, not just a lover or a pet.  Furthermore if you start buying houses and having kids it's too your advantage as a man or woman to be married.  If you split you will end up in court no matter what, but marriage gives men and women certain rights to the kids\house that are harder to get if you are unmarried and split.  

Some cases yes, some cases no. 

Actually that depends on the circumstances. Sometimes all things are really good your partner,his/her family,job everything. 

But there are situations when things don't work. Some things can be improved and we must try our level best.

Hope things work good for all of us 

no, not usually, especially for the guy