What was you favorite comedy show from the 1970's if you were alive?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

One of my favorite's was Fawlty Towers with John Cleese....I used to fall off the couch laughing my head off.......but I think the best was Open All Hours with Ronnie Barker....I can watch that over and over again.David Jason made the perfect partner and I don't think there will ever be another show that will be as funny.

• Zapata
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

I was slightly too young to understand Monty Python - it was always a little too surreal and weird for kids - but I loved The Goodies.

• Jim
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

All in the Family.  Also The Mary Tyler Moore SHow  and The Bob Newhart SHow

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Easily "Monty Python's Flying Circus."  "Fawlty Towers" was a good second.  The early years of "Saturday Night Live" was also very good.  However, in general the 1970's was the death of comedy in the U.S.  It was replaced by a lot of "equality" twaddle that has super-saturated comedy in N. America since.  Even programs like "M.A.S.H." were severely depleted for television in the name of not offending anyone in any way.  It was a decent, but rarely funny program.     

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

benny hill was funny as

Open All Hours 

faulty towers  

actually all the Engish comedy shows 

• 2 months ago

I was a teenager during the 1970s and my favourite comedy was Rhoda, MTM Show, and Barney Miller.

There were many British sitcoms that I watched too. Bless This House, Open All Hours, Mind Your Language, George And Mildred, Now Take My Wife, and a few more that I forgot.

• 2 months ago

MASH and then The Mary Tyler Moore Show.

• Dads Army and it still stands up today.  Brilliant portrayal of class in England. 

• 2 months ago

I was born in 73, so I was alive, but don't remember.  

• Kathy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

MASH......................

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.