What was you favorite comedy show from the 1970's if you were alive?

One of my favorite's was Fawlty Towers with John Cleese....I used to fall off the couch laughing my head off.......but I think the best was Open All Hours with Ronnie Barker....I can watch that over and over again.David Jason made the perfect partner and I don't think there will ever be another show that will be as funny.

• Zapata

I was slightly too young to understand Monty Python - it was always a little too surreal and weird for kids - but I loved The Goodies.

• Jim

All in the Family.  Also The Mary Tyler Moore SHow  and The Bob Newhart SHow

Easily "Monty Python's Flying Circus."  "Fawlty Towers" was a good second.  The early years of "Saturday Night Live" was also very good.  However, in general the 1970's was the death of comedy in the U.S.  It was replaced by a lot of "equality" twaddle that has super-saturated comedy in N. America since.  Even programs like "M.A.S.H." were severely depleted for television in the name of not offending anyone in any way.  It was a decent, but rarely funny program.     

benny hill was funny as

Open All Hours 

faulty towers  

actually all the Engish comedy shows 

I was a teenager during the 1970s and my favourite comedy was Rhoda, MTM Show, and Barney Miller.

There were many British sitcoms that I watched too. Bless This House, Open All Hours, Mind Your Language, George And Mildred, Now Take My Wife, and a few more that I forgot.

MASH and then The Mary Tyler Moore Show.

• Dads Army and it still stands up today.  Brilliant portrayal of class in England. 

I was born in 73, so I was alive, but don't remember.  

• Kathy

MASH......................