Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 2 months ago

Why is it you can love someone but not marry him/her?

• KTJoe

Person may like/love a lot of people just isn't the marrying kind, likes being single freedom. Settling down with one a commitment, may cause hives. 

Because marriage requires two willing participants and if one isn't into the idea then it won't happen. 

I can think of several answers as possibilities, or maybe twenty five....if you wish,write again and tell us what's going on in your own life, give your age and gender, and perhaps ,then, we can help with some meaningful replies that will fit for you. 

• Imp

Because it turns women into "slaves", for men they don't get sex and lose all their money!

Various factors prevent or discourage people from marrying.  I loved - and still love to some extent - someone, in a very serious relationship for 5 years.  I wanted children and a house in the suburbs.  He wanted no children and a condo Downtown.  We talked and couldn't resolve the difference.  The parting ways was very, very difficult and painful.  I think of him often.  He has not married.  I have and, yes, I have a child and live in the suburbs.

We both knew that I would be unhappy with no children and living in the City, as he would be unhappy in the country with a child or two.

Sometimes the timing is just wrong.

Have you ever heard the term "ball and chain"?

Who wants to be married to that?

You have to think for 2 ppl and you end up trying to serve 2 masters. You and your spouse.

I'll pass on being the subservient maid and baby maker.