The reason I don't want to marry or have kids is because I don't want a woman or kids controlling me. Is this a good excuse?

20 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

You do have a choice !   Become a leader, as a man, not a "manager" in your marriage.  No woman should want to control a man - especially, her husband.  If a man is a real leader, she will automatically come to respect him.  Genuine leadership has a built-in confidence about it, which a woman will feel secure within it.  Insecure women feel they have to take the reins because the guy fails to demonstrate his love for her within leading her.   Love has to be felt to be accepted as love.  The children will follow their mother's lead in how they treat the father. 

• Small
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

This is your life, so your choice.

• Edna
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You don't need to offer anyone any excuse, if you don't want to marry or have kids. 

• 2 months ago

Doesn't sound like you're good marriage material, and certainly not good parent material. But that's okay - be yourself, live your life, do your own thing. No excuse needed.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • KTJoe
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Marriage isn't a mandatory mandate, the end all. Enjoy single life on your terms, traveling the world, dating whomever, living with people or pets, or nobody. Marriage isn't for everybody, if people realized this divorces wouldn't happen.

• 2 months ago

you don't need an excuse to stay single but if you were in a good healthy relationship you wouldn't be controlled.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Turns out you don't even need an excuse to choose to stay single. More and more people are making that choice these days. 

• Raja
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

If you feel that way about marriage it is better not to get married.Any way it is fairly a childish view .Better think about the advantages of marriage or discuss the issue with your friends who are married .You will understand that your's is not a good excuse.

• 2 months ago

You don't need any excuse at all. A reason, an opinion, an instinct, a choice... all count. No excuse needed. 

• Lili
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You don't need an excuse. If you don't want to marry, for whatever reason, then don't. There's no law that says you must be married. If you need an excuse for people who ask you why you're not married, just say, "I haven't yet encountered a good enough reason to do it."

However, if you want to date and have sex, you need to be upfront with the women about your lack of interest in marriage. That may limit your options, but hey -- we all have to deal with the consequences of the choices we make.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.